Version 35201 Release Notes for Sins of a Dark Age - March 17 2014
We launched Early Access on Friday March 14 and the response has been fantastic. But the game isn't good enough yet so here is our first update.
First, sorry about all the Treasure Chests. That was a bug that is now fixed. We aren't trying to be greasy with how our loot reward system works and to prove it we are giving everyone 3 free chest keys.
Over the weekend we tried to fix as many of the most annoying things as soon as possible (and included whatever else was ready). The changes are noted below.
Next, we'll have a new update later tonight or tomorrow addressing the second batch of most annoying things including a new surrender option and having the stop key disable your autoattack.
Continuing on, Valve was great and activated the Steam Marketplace for us. I can already see people using it to get the items they need to finish their crafting projects.
Finally, if you live on the other side of the Atlantic you'll be pleased to know we have heard you loud and clear. You love the game and your feedback has been enthusiastic and constructive. We are pushing European servers to near the top of our list. The process began today but it'll take a bit to setup but they are coming much sooner than expected.
- Fixed bug where you could pick up far more items than intended (e.g Gryphon food)
- Fixed bug with too many chests dropping.
- Leavers games now only receive Trash rewards. We decided against completely removing all rewards just in case leaving was beyond their control. We will continue to examine this issue in detail and we open to your suggestions. For what its worth, serial leavers won't get away scott free. We are already tracking all data on leaving and in-game behavior. Our forthcoming behavior improvement system will take this data into account.
- Ping throttling added.
- Mute player feature added (press tab to bring up score screen, click mute button to the right of that player's score row).
- /ignore and /removeignore now active as part of the in-game chat window options.
Hud and User InterfaceEdit
- Added new sort option to player asset panels (mostly useful for Hero Gear selection dialog).
- When Quick Play assembly is complete the window is automatically changed to the Hero selection lobby.
Quit Game is now labelled as Quit Match.
- Fixed bug in not always displaying player information correctly.
- Items with cooldowns that display a cooldown overlay in the shop now properly handle the situation where they are used repeatedly (i.e. the recorded cooldown is now refreshed on subsequent uses).
- Fix typo in glyph smart cast and quick cast hotkey labels in Options screen.
- Fixed Lord Dekain taunt sound.
- Fixed Lassidar Quest start vocal.
- Added additional vocals to Ermuk.
- Fixed players not being able to access Soada goods in the Steam Marketplace. (Kudos to Valve for fixing this)
- Fixed bug when trading with players who didn't own Soada.
- Fix layout of server status notification.
- Fixed issue where Russian purchases were 100 times cheaper than they should have been. Boy did some people clean up! haha!
For the official and most up to date Steam version of these patch notes, see: http://steamcommunity.com/app/251970/discussions/7/540736966223798896/